Club Seat Exeo

Página de fans y propietarios

REGÍSTRATE

warm up 2.0 tdi 105 Kw engine in 2 step

Iniciado por ango, 28 September 2009 a las 14:33

5 post en este tema

Seat Exeo | 12

Publicado 28 September 2009 a las 14:33

Hello everyone. A few days ago I was handed my new car. This is the Seat Exeo ST 105 Kw TDI. I noticed that the water temperature does not increase linearly starting a cold machine. in 1 / 2 km indicates that the instrument is at 70 ° C (fron cold position) and the water remains at this temperature for long time (6-8km) and then go to 90 ° C and stabilize them. I wanted to know if it is normal or not. A big thanks in advance. Ilario Salve a tutti. Da qualche giorno mi è stata consegnata la mia nuova auto. Si tratta della seat exeo, che eredita il motore dalla nuova audi A4. ho notato che la temperatura dell'acqua non sale linearmente partendo a macchina fredda. in 1/2 km lo strumento indica che va a 70 °C resta in quell'intorno per qualche buon km (6-8) per poi andare a 90°C e li stabilizzarsi. Volevo capire se è normale o meno. Un ringraziamento anticipato. Ilario

• Seat Exeo | 12

Publicado 05 October 2009 a las 15:39

In this days I' have make more attention to tempereture indicator in the warm up period. If i move the car in the plain street (the other example is first 2 km of uphill, then 4 km in downhill) the temperature going to 50° to 90° gradually. but the distance to be nedeed to heat qater at 90°C is abouth 6-8 Km with 12-14 °C of external temperature and with a soft drive. to you needed more KM for heat water? or our exeo warmin up in 2/3 Km? Thank Ilario

Seat Exeo | 11

Publicado 05 October 2009 a las 23:10

Hi Ilario, I have a seat exeo with 143cv ...I didn´t took atention on the heat temperature indicator... I will study and coment to you but think that could be normal But on the other hand, I have written in other chapter about a strange noise that usually appears in low gears. In my case is mainly in second gear,(while I am dicreasing the speed) and in the back side of the car... other guys coment that the noise is like metallic and when they push the gas; other guy coment when they are in gear "R"  but in my case is a low noise as I have somethign untighten inside the car. Have you heard something as I told? We will keep in contact, Pedro

Audi A4 2.0 TFSI | Cádiz | 781

Publicado 07 October 2009 a las 20:18

In this days I' have make more attention to tempereture indicator in the warm up period.

If i move the car in the plain street (the other example is first 2 km of uphill, then 4 km in downhill) the temperature going to 50° to 90° gradually. but the distance to be nedeed to heat qater at 90°C is abouth 6-8 Km with 12-14 °C of external temperature and with a soft drive.

to you needed more KM for heat water? or our exeo warmin up in 2/3 Km?

Thank

Ilario

My 1.8 T  with 25º of external temp., needs 2 or 3 Kms to reach 90º.

Seat Exeo | 12

Publicado 08 October 2009 a las 9:50

Hi Ilario,

I have a seat exeo with 143cv ...I didn´t took atention on the heat temperature indicator... I will study and coment to you but think that could be normal

But on the other hand, I have written in other chapter about a strange noise that usually appears in low gears. In my case is mainly in second gear,(while I am dicreasing the speed) and in the back side of the car... other guys coment that the noise is like metallic and when they push the gas; other guy coment when they are in gear "R"  but in my case is a low noise as I have somethign untighten inside the car. Have you heard something as I told?

We will keep in contact,

Pedro

Ola Pedro,

If you describe exactly the situation when you hear this noise i can repeat with my car and check if my car have this noise too.

By your description I can undesteand who not it's.

It's non probable that your problem is an engine problem or a gear problem, because you hear ti in any gear (if is a engine problem) and indipendent to gas aperture if the problem is in the gearbox.

By your description i think that may be a exaust system it can be a silencer internal sheet brake or not weld.

or it can be (more probable) some aluminum sheet (for heat protection) between exaust system and car frame not correctly fixed to car frame.

It can be so the exaust system with his vibration impact to car frame or intermediate aluminum sheet

Have you checked this point?

Ilario

Seat Exeo | 11

Publicado 30 October 2009 a las 20:26

Hi Ilario, Thanks for your answer and apologise because I'm late answering you (not to many time)... I found the origin of the metallic noise... I have a nut below the fith tyre (i will go to the workshop next week and will as there). Respect the other noise, I have read in other page that could have its origin in the fuel tank (it appears when stopping or pushing the gas ), and think that post maybe is right because it is possible to appreciate the noise while the tank level is between 3/4 and full. Any way I will ask in the workshop about your theory with the alluminium sheets and the brakes. Respect your question about the temperature, I have studied in my car, seeing that nothing estrange happens with it; but on the other hand I've seen that happens the same when the engine is not completely cold (but was three or four hours switched-off). I hope to solve your doubts... Best regards, Pedro

¿Quieres unirte al Club Seat Exeo?

¡Crea una cuenta completamente gratis en Mofler y podrás participar aquí y en más de 700 clubs de coches con un mismo usario!

No te lo pienses más y regístrate hoy mismo

No te lo vas a creer... ¡Usamos cookies!
Y aunque solo las tengamos para mantener tu usuario logeado y ver cuanta gente nos visita, tenemos que molestaros con este mensaje.
Si quieres saber más puedes leer nuestra Política de cookies.